Saturday, July 10, 2010

Julia's first swim (Video!)

So I realized tonight that it's been too long since I last posted a video of our little princess, and for those of you who we don't see often, that's just not acceptable.  So I promise to get a current video and post it in the next few days, but for now, I thought I'd share this one, of her first time in a real pool.  It is of our vacation to Duluth over Memorial Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8tRiPqb4bo

And while on the subject of Julia and water, I thought I'd share a story from today... Given the beautiful (if hot) weather, Julia and I spent some time in her kiddie pool mid-afternoon.  After about 40 trips down the slide, she got bored of that and was kind of looking for something to do.  She decided to stand up, hold the side of the pool firmly with both hands (facing the outside), and veeeeeery slowly lower her face directly into the pool.  As soon as her entire face (eyes, nose, mouth) were submerged, she'd wip her head up, laughing hysterically.  10-15 seconds later, she was ready for another go.  She did this 5-10 times, while I laughed along.  It was great fun... I only wish I had a photo or video of hit to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment