Friday, July 9, 2010

7/8/10

Last night, while Adam was out mowing the lawn, Julia did some pretty amazing things. At least I think so. She was walking around, pushing her lion walker, and pushed it into a cupboard in the kitchen. Then she walked away and declared "all done." I decided to have some fruit snacks, which means sharing them with Julia. She signed "more," but actually said the word, too! And finally, Julia has a cold. We keep wiping her nose, and keeping the slightly used tissue on the end table for easier access. Twice, she picked up the kleenex and walked it over to the kitchen garbage can. The first time I opened it for her, and she put the kleenex in. The second time she successfully opened the garbage can on her own and put the kleenex in. But then the lid closed (very slowly) on her hand, and she needed some assistance. She might be tiny, but she's very smart! Oh, and I'm also teaching her to pat my belly when I ask "where's the baby." I told her teacher, Ashley, this, and she relayed the story to another teacher. While telling the story to Katrina, Julia heard "where's the baby" and patted Katrina's tummy. Katrina quickly dismissed that idea. =)

Julia had her 15 month check up on Wednesday. She weighs 18 lbs 6.4 oz, and is 28 inches tall. She's in the <3 percentile for her age, but her weight to height ratio is right around the 50% line. Just goes to show that smart people can come in wee packages. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment