Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some firsts I could live without.

Well, we made it 2 years, 3 months, and 10 days without Julia pooping in the tub. And Mommy was the "lucky" one giving her a bath. Thankfully she wasn't afraid to get back in, once it was cleaned out and fresh water was put back in.

It's hard to keep up with all of the cute things the girls say or do, so whenever I remember to I like to write them down. Julia has been working on sentences lately, and one of the most common is "No, Mommy, self." When Grandpa Ron was down helping with the swing set, we were all sitting around the table eating dinner. Grandpa was talking with Adam and Julia started saying "stop. Stop. Stop." She'd even put her hand out. Then she said, "Papa. Stop. Papa. Stop." I guess she wanted him to stop talking. Both Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week, when Julia would hear the dogs barking as though someone was here, she would excitedly ask "Papa? Papa?" On our way home from daycare on Thursday I was asking Julia if she wanted to see Grandma Barb.

"Yeah."
"Do you want to see Daddy?"
"Yeah."
"Do you want to see Samantha?"
"Yeah."
"Who do you want to see the most?"
"Papa!"

I had to disappoint her and tell her Papa wasn't at the house. She seemed ok with it, and was excited to see everyone else at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment