Once again, I am quite behind in blogging updates about the girls. Samantha had her 6 month check-up on 7/12/11 and had to have 3 shots. =( She weighed in at 6.684 kg (14 pounds 12 ounces), putting her in the 27th percentile, and measured 25 inches, which is 26th percentile. Her head circumference is 17.6 inches, which is the 96th percentile! We started her on cereal that night, I believe. She didn't hate it, and only made a fuss because she was starving and wasn't getting fed the way she normally does. Once I got her some milk we tried again, and it went better. It only took her and us a couple of nights of trying to figure everything out. If you keep the spoon in her mouth, she is much more likely to swallow the cereal. =) There are pictures somewhere, but I can't find them right now.....
Julia's vocabulary continues to grow by leaps and bounds. She is using more two-word sentences now, too. Her favorites are "Mommy/Daddy no" and "Mommy/Daddy self." She can go up and down the stairs by herself, and heaven forbid you try to help her. She actually has recently started insisting that she go first, and you need to wait until she gets to the top or bottom before you can follow. If you try to go at the same time, she'll turn around and say "no, self." Having a talking little kid really makes you realize how often you say things, because the more often you say it, the more likely they are to repeat it. For instance, when we try to get Julia's attention, a lot of the time she will reply with "what?" with a specific emphasis on the "t." I guess I do say that a lot....And, like most 2 year olds, she is very possessive. She will put her hand on her chest and nod her head and proclaim "I daddy" or "my daddy" very often (daddy can be replaced with almost anything -- cereal, Sammy, Ivy, blanket). The other day we were outside playing on her swingset, and she crawled up onto the tire swing proudly proclaiming "self!" because she'd done so on her own. She then pointed to one open spot on the tire swing and said "Ivy" and pointed to the other open spot and said "Sammy." She loves her sister and cousin very much. There have been occassions recently (like when we're backing out of the driveway, or after I've turned onto the dump road in the morning) when she will say "done." I ask done with what, and she replies "swing." This is because when we came home on the day Adam and Grandpa had finished the swingset, I told her look -- it's all done!
Samantha isn't quite sitting up on her own yet, and she can't crawl, but man can she roll to get places! Leave her alone for a couple of minutes (or 20, as was the case once) and she's 5 feet from where you left her! She loves to grab at stuff -- necklaces, chins, lips, faces, the dogs, toys, etc. And of course she tries to put everything in her mouth. She even grabs for the spoon when I'm feeding her, and usually gets it in her mouth even. Adam discovered that if he turns away while feeding her, she'll grab the spoon out of the bowl and feed herself! She doesn't always get it in her mouth, but she sure knows what she's supposed to be doing with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment