Julia is teaching me all about manners. When she wants to brush her teeth, we also have Mommy or Daddy brush first with toothpaste, and then she gets two turns with water. The other day when she wanted to brush, I had the toothpaste but not the brush. So I told her Mommy first. She said "please." I said "no, Mommy first." We went back and forth a couple of times, and then I realized she was pointing at me when she said please. So I said please, and she handed the brush over. The next time this happened, she indicated I needed to sign please, not just say it. What a manner-conscious girl. =)
This morning while watching "Dinosaur Train" with Julia and feeding Samantha, I pulled Julia's nuk out of her mouth (she only has it at night and at naptime at home, and while she's waking up). She turned to me and said "no funny." So I had to do it again, and got the same response. "No funny." It was, in fact, quite funny, if you ask me.
Samantha is continuing to grow and grow, and learn new things all the time. She is now 14.4 pounds, and can hold her head vertical while on her tummy. Tonight she actually pushed up on her hands, not just her forearms. She's not crazy about sitting in the bumbo most of the time, but she seemed to do ok with it when she was in the bumbo in the wagon. Adam was pulling both girls around the yard in the wagon while I was picking strawberries. Samantha doesn't like being left out of mealtimes. She much prefers to sit on one of our laps, or in her highchair, while the rest of us eat our supper. Julia likes to try to share her food with Samantha, and thankfully is ok when we tell her Samantha is too little for that food.
On our way home from vacation, while at Mom and Dad's, Julia decided that her baby (doll) needed to eat. So she lifted her shirt! I knew she understood that's where Samantha gets her milk, but now it definitely shows that she understands. I've heard of other people's kids that do this, including boys. And really, it's pretty darn cute.
Julia is constantly learning new words, and is getting better at repeating words we say. In fact, Adam even had her repeat a choice 4-letter word the other day. Oops! Today she went poo-poo on the potty at daycare twice! And she went pee-pee at least twice, too. I think it's time to switch to pull-ups full-time (except at night), and start looking for big girl underwear. Julia had her first all-around hair cut on 6/12/11. I did the best I could with a squirmy little girl. It doesn't look too bad, it's just not completely even. I painted her toenails on Tuesday and she loved it! As soon as I was done, she held up her hands to indicate she wanted her fingernails done, too. She was quite pleased, and every time anyone mentioned her nails, she said "Mommy."
We ordered the girls a super fun playset a couple of weeks ago, and it should be showing up on Tuesday! So excited. Then all we (well, Adam) have to do is put it together! What is everyone doing over the 4th of July weekend????
No comments:
Post a Comment