Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Family Discussions (old - for archive's sake)

This is a copy of all of the discussions posted on MyFamily since the beginning, so we don't lose them when MyFamily goes away...

We're relocating!!!

Important: Due to changing policies at MyFamily.com, I'm no longer going to be updating this site. They will start charging me to host, and it's not worth the cost to me. I'll be moving over to Blogspot, which is free, and actually more convenient for uploading photos/video. It still allows comments and all of the same features I used on MyFamily, so aside from the initial annoyance of switching, the change should be a good thing.

The new site is going to be here: http://minnesotaclar­ks.blogspot.com

You will not need to register or have a logon to view the site, or to comment on posts. If I get a lot of spam/unwanted traffic I might change this, but for now I'd rather avoid the trouble. Please let me know if you have any trouble switching to view the new site.
Created 5 days ago by Adam 5 Views 0 Comments

Peek-a-boo: Part 2

Last week, Julia started playing peek-a-boo with blankets, all by herself. She was being difficult at bedtime, so I went and took her out of her crib and gave her a bottle. While we were cuddling afterwards, she took her blanket in both hands, pulled it over her head, then pulled it off her head and smiled big. It was awesome.

Adam was trying to get her to go to sleep while we were out shopping yesterday, and was covering her up in the hopes of limiting distractions. She finally gave in and played peek-a-boo, figuring that's what he wanted, but she wasn't smiling about it. She was tired, and wanted to go to sleep instead of play. =)
Created Mar 7, 10 by Becky Clark 4 Views 0 Comments

Peek-a-boo

Julia was playing peek-a-boo with me this morning, all on her own. She had reached for her empty bottle on the end table, and it fell to the floor. So she crawled over to get it, and when she sat up she was hidden behind the recliner. I was laying on the floor in front of the chair. She leaned forward slowly, with her head tilted to one side, and peeked around the corner of the chair. She smiled so big when she saw me. I giggled, which made her giggle. She sat back up, and a couple of seconds later she was peeking around the corner again. This went on for a few minutes. There were a few times when she'd start by looking at me with just one eye around the corner, and then she'd bend the rest of the way. And a couple of times she bent down fast to peek around the corner. It was awesome!

Julia is getting better and better at climbing stairs. This morning she climbed a few stairs two different times before she'd sit and turn around (kinda dangerous to do, although I was right there behind her). She's also getting faster at going up the stairs.

Julia has 2 teeth poking through on the bottom, and boy are they sharp! The week that they were cutting Julia had random fevers that didn't last more than an hour, but it kept Adam and I busy having to come home from work to pick her up from daycare. Now that they're at least a little up, her temp has been fine.

We went to a chili cook-off and bake sale on Friday to raise money for new playground equipment at daycare. Dave, Ivy, and Sasha were able to join us as well. Poor Ivy really wanted to play in the bouncy house, but she was too young. =( There were 8 different chili dishes to taste (one from each classroom), and then we could vote for our favorite.

We've known for a while know that Julia loves her dogs, but we have even stronger evidence of that now. Adam has been helping Julia hug the dogs, and she loves it, especially when they walk past her and brush up against her. She gets quite the belly-laugh fit going. Adam also helps Julia chase the dogs, which all parties seem to enjoy. She'll be walking / running on her own in no time, and then the poor dogs won't be able to get away fast enough!
Created Feb 28, 10 by Becky Clark 4 Views 1 Comments

Comments

I miss seeing all these things but great to hear about them. It's only just over a month when I'll get to see them first hand. Keep the updates coming. Thanks

Videos

Well, Youtube is being a pain for me, so my normal sharing on there isn't working... I decided to make the videos "public" but you can't find them by searching Youtube, you need the URL to access. So here's a couple of videos I uploaded for your viewing pleasure:

Julia climbing stairs:
http://www.youtube.c­om/watch_private?v=Tl­aQz-BebJc&sharing_tok­en=HBTmcUF-KSPDyaYnnU­1nyw

Brainwashing Ivy:
http://www.youtube.c­om/watch_private?v=L-­gL6upnLvE&sharing_tok­en=w2NqSCI1JXNfiFagJV­8v_g
Created Feb 15, 10 by Adam 4 Views 0 Comments

2/13/10

Julia is now 10 months and 1 day old. And, as usual, I'm behind on updates. A couple of weeks ago, Julia started crawling on her hands and knees, "upgrading" from her army crawl. She is very good at pulling herself up on anything and everything, and is also great at getting herself back to a sitting position. Surprisingly, she figured that out pretty quick. She is cruising around the furniture, and walks pretty good while holding on to our hands or her walking toy. I'm pretty sure that when she walks on her own, she'll actually be running, because when we help her walk, she goes fast! Gone are the days of putting her in one place and having her stay there for long. She crawls down the hall, or into the kitchen, and finds all sorts of stuff that we haven't put up out of her reach yet. She's even climbed a couple of stairs on her own! Guess we'll have to get a gate for the bottom of the stairs soon.

Daycare tries to teach the kids some simple sign language, such as milk, more, please, and thank you. Julia doesn't quite know milk or more (the first ones they teach), but she sure knows what we mean when we say them! She's getting better and better at waving bye-bye, too. She won't always do it before you walk away, but she's getting there. I even had her waving hi to Daddy the other day.

I think Julia is finally teething. Her "Epstien's pearls" (white spots on her lower gums where teeth will be) look like they've been replaced by larger white spots (i.e. hidden teeth), and you can see the bumps of teeth in the front of her gums. Her gums are also red in front of and behind where her teeth will eventually be. *2/15/10* She's definitely cutting teeth. You can even see an opening in her gumline!

Julia got to play with her cousin Ivy tonight, and she'll get to play with her again tomorrow. They both had a great time. Julia is absolutely fascinated with Ivy, and Ivy is great with Julia. As long as Julia doesn't try to take (or touch) Ivy's blanket or lion. Ivy wanted to watch "Shrek" before bed, so we put it in and she was on the couch with her blanket. Julia pulled herself up on the couch, and Ivy patted the couch next to her for Julia to sit. We put Julia up on the couch, and she wanted to be as close to Ivy as possible. She was crawling over her, trying to get her bottle, and pulling herself upright on Ivy. Ivy was a good sport, and even patted JuJu (Ivy's name for Julia) on her back when I told her she was being so good and that Julia really likes her. It was so cute!

At her last dr's appt (she was 9 1/2 months), Julia weighed 15 lb 15.8 oz (5th percentile), she was 27 inches long (24th percentile), and her head circumferences was 46 cm (18.1 inches; 92nd percentile). That's up from 7 lb 9 oz (51%), 20 inches (73%), and head circumference of 34.5 cm (13.6in; 43%). She's a little peanut, but her dr doesn't seem too concerned yet.
Created Feb 13, 10 by Becky Clark 4 Views 0 Comments

Julia's books (also as an excel file under "files")

At the Zoo (Sesame Beginnings)
Baby Touch and Feel Animals
Baby Touch and Feel Puppies and Kitties
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
But Not the Hippopotamus
Counting with Kitty
First Words an educational lift-a-flap book
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Five Little Monkeys Reading in Bed
Good Night! A Touch & Feel Bedtime Book
Goodnight Moon
Guess How Much I Love You (2 copies)
I Love You, Daddy (Little Golden Book)
If You're Happy and You Know It
Jungle Babies
Leon Minds His Manners
Moo, Baa, La La La!
MSU Spartans 1 2 3 - my first counting book
Noah's Ark
Numbers an educations lift-a-flap book
Old MacDonald had a Farm
Peek-a-Boo! A Lift-the-Flap Book
Pet the Animals Touch & Feel Adventure (Fisher-Price)
Potty Time With Elmo
Shapes with Apes
Sleeping Beauty (Little Golden Book)
That's Not My Fairy...
The Aristocats
The Wheels on the Bus
Time For Bed
Touch and Feel Wild Animals (baby einstein)
When I'm Big
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Where the Wild Things Are
Winnie the Pooh (the book is cut-out in the shape of WtP)
Created Feb 12, 10 by Becky Clark 3 Views 0 Comments

new pictures

Julia had her 9 month pictures taken today. Unfortunately she'd had two shots at the dr earlier in the day (second dose of H1N1 and seasonal flu, so I didn't know they were going to do shots until we were there), and I had to wake her up from a nap for the pictures. Plus, she was having a hard time being happy without me holding her. But, there are definitely some cute pictures. You can see them at https://www.smilesby­wire.com/home.asp?AC=­LTPP0141111184JCP and enter Rebecca Clark as the customer name. You can also go to smilesbywire.com and enter LTPP0141111184JCP as the access code with my name as customer name.
Created Jan 25, 10 by Becky Clark 4 Views 1 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Jan 26, 10 Edit or delete
Pictures are adorable but then consider the subject. She looked pretty happy, Thanks for sharing.

12/16/09

Julia had her first separation anxiety episode with Ms. Heather at daycare today. She was fine when I handed her over, but then she reached for me and I took her back and gave her a hug. When I handed her back to Ms. Heather, I handed her with her back to Ms. Heather. When she realized who was holding her, she got very upset. =( I'm guessing she isn't going to like Santa on Friday, but at least Adam and I will be there with her.

Julia pulled herself up to standing for the first time last night! She did it several times, so we know it's not just a fluke. =) She even took a few tentative steps while we held her hands. Thankfully she's still pretty wobbly when standing, so she won't be walking real soon, but she'll probably start cruising around the furniture before long.
Created Dec 16, 09 by Becky Clark 4 Views 0 Comments

12-14-09

Julia is now 8 months and 2 days old, and she's working hard on learning to crawl. This weekend she started "army crawling" a little, pulling herself forward by using her forearms. She's also almost pulled herself up to standing a couple of times. Watch out Arwen, Orion, and Midnight. She might be crawling after you at Christmas!
Created Dec 14, 09 by Becky Clark 4 Views 1 Comments

Comments

Amy Clark Dec 15, 09 Edit or delete
I suspect Midnight will just stare at her, and Arwen will sigh resignedly and think, "Oh, great, another puppy to deal with." Not sure how Orion will react...
We can't wait to see her!

amazing

It's hard to keep track of everything new that Julia does, especially since she continues to amaze us every day. Here are a few stories from the last couple of months.

A couple of months ago, I was changing Julia's diaper and she was very upset. I handed her pacifier to her, and she grabbed it with her right hand. She tried putting it in her mouth, but it was backwards. Still screaming and upset, she takes the pacifier with her left hand, flips it, puts it back in her right hand, and plunks it into her mouth. She was a lot happier then. It just amazed me how she methodically fixed the problem of her pacifier being backwards.

A couple of weeks ago, Julia was on the floor playing with her toys. Most of them were still in the little pink box (the one there's a picture of her sitting in). She grabbed the edge of the box with her right hand and tipped it down. She reached for a toy with her right hand, and the box stood back up, making it impossible to reach the toys. She repeated this a couple of times, and then figured out the problem. She pulled the edge of the box down with both hands, held it with her left hand, and grabbed the toys with her right. She's so smart! It's something so simple and obvious to all of us, but something she had to learn and figure out for the first time.

Julia isn't quite crawling yet, but she's able to get around by rolling and inching her way. She loves all of the foods she's trying, although peaches weren't her favorite. Baby food peaches have a surprisingly strong flavor to them. With every bite she took, Julia scrunched up her face (don't worry, we do have video). But she kept opening her mouth for more, so it couldn't have been too bad. She's getting much better at feeding herself puffs, and some of them actually make it into her mouth now. She tried graham crackers at daycare last week and apparently loved them.
Created Dec 6, 09 by Becky Clark 6 Views 2 Comments

Comments

Can't wait to see all the changes.
I know I "like" lemons. I do make a face when I suck on one but I still like them. When Mom made fresh lemonade I use to wait for the lemons when she was finished with them. So her reaction to the peaches could be something like that.

6 months

Julia will be 6 months old tomorrow. It's hard to believe it's been half a year since she was born! She's learning all sorts of new "tricks" now. She can sit on her own fairly well, although when she does lose her balance, she falls fast. She loves playing in her exersaucer. So many toys to play with, and almost all of them make noise! Sony likes it too, because one of the toys has a mirror on it.

Julia has been eating rice cereal once a day since Labor Day, and today we tried sweet potatoes. She loved them! Ate twice as much as she usually does, because she also had some cereal.

Daycare does a lot of sensory play with the kids. They've played with leaves, cotton balls, water, and sand. Well, they tried to play with sand. They had the sand in a little wash tub, and Ms. Heather was getting the kids undressed so they could play (and not get their clothes dirty). Julia was one of the first to start playing. When Ms. Heather went to get another kid ready, Julia decided to see what the sand tasted like. Then she got sick. In the sand. So playtime with sand was over. Julia has also created a couple works of art. One was orange cool whip pumpkins, and the other was ..... something with black ink. They "paint" them with their feet. They're so cute!

We had some pictures taken this weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Sklenicka wanted pictures with their granddaughters for Christmas cards, and we were able to get Julia's 6 month pictures taken at the same appointment. You should be able to see the pictures at www.smilesbywire.com and enter Heather Sklenicka as the customer, and LTPP0141110279JCP as the access code.
Created Oct 11, 09 by Becky Clark 3 Views 1 Comments

Comments

Aunt Catwoman Oct 13, 09 Edit or delete
It's amazing to hear how much she has changed in what seems to be, such a little time. All the old pics are going by next to your letter showing when she was just a "cell" to now. She didn't turn out to be a frog after all :)

Julia's first trip to the emergency room...

First, everyone is ok and home and ready for bed.


So, I'm going to try and make this short, but I wanted to share tonight before I rush off to bed. Today Becky was off work like normal, and I was diligently browsing the web from behind my office desk like normal. Around 1:00 I received a phone call from Becky who sounded extremely worn down from the piercing scream I can hear clearly through the phone. I knew this wasn't simply "Julia's fussy", but rather "please come help" so I talked to my manager and headed home (with intentions of working from home later once things were settled down a bit)...

So I got home, and immediately picked up Julia. Becky started to run off to get a shower (and some peace and quiet), but before she got far I suggested we should check with the nurse line to make sure her symptoms weren't alarming... Her symptoms included a different cry than we've ever heard, no poopy diapers for 2 days straight, and most oddly, sensitive legs... Yeah, strangely straightening her legs seemed to set her off like we were pulling her not-yet-formed teeth straight from her head.

Long story short, they told us we better head in to the doctor's office...

So we show up at the doctor's office and are shown to a room. The nurse practitioneer looks her over, and can't suggest a problem... So she calls the pediatrician on hand. She suggests maybe an x-ray of her abdomen might uncover a hip or digestive problem, so they take a couple of x-rays. Nothing. So they throw up their hands and suggest we run her to the Emergency Room downtown where more extensive tests can be run...

So we head downtown to the emergency room. There they the gamut of possible problems: more x-rays, this time on her leg to see if it's broken; urine test to see if she has an infection; poop test to see if there's blood; the list goes on and on... Somewhere along the way Julia finally has a couple of good bowel movements, and she's given some baby tylenol, and between both of those she seems to start getting better. She's also started nursing again, which she hadn't done at all from 9:30AM on (give or take)... So while we're waiting for the "final test", and ultrasound to look for intestinal problems, she's basically back to normal... a little fussy, but mostly happy despite growing tired. They had us wait for probably an hour for the stupid ultrasound machine to free up, and then decided that she's recovered well enough it's probably better to let her go home and sleep than take a chance on the ultrasound, which was kind of a long shot anyway.

So... In the end we're now back home (9:30pm, ~8 hours later) with a happy, seemingly-healthy baby girl, who is as tired as her parents are, but no answer as to what caused her odd symptoms (mostly the leg issue)... We'll be keeping a close eye on her (as if we ever take our eyes off of her), but hopefully it was just an odd situation that we won't see again.

Hope you all had a much less eventful night. good night.

-Adam, Becky, & Julia
Created Aug 18, 09 by Adam 7 Views 5 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Aug 19, 09 Edit or delete
Scary subject. Glad she's doing better. Hope you all got some good sleep. Hopefully it was a constipation issue that took care of itself. Keep us posted on how she's doing.
Aunt Catwoman Aug 20, 09 Edit or delete
Glad to hear she's doing better now. You would have thought they would have checked the fact she hadn't pooped in two days first. In someone so small I would think it might put pressure on her legs. Can't play soccer with bad legs.
Becky Clark Aug 21, 09 Edit or delete
They actually kind of blow-off the fact that she hadn't pooped because she's breastfed. Apparently, it's ok to even go weeks w/o a dirty diaper when you're breastfed. Julia definitely wouldn't last that long though.
Aunt Catwoman Aug 21, 09 Edit or delete
That means I just learned something new. I'm not sure when it will come in handy but you never know. I hope things are still going OK with Julia. And I don't mean just in her diaper.
Aunt Catwoman Aug 21, 09 Edit or delete
Just a thought about her leg problem.....is Adam trying to get her to kick left legged again?????

one month

Well, Julia is 1 month old today. We had a visit from a county health nurse (very normal and it's voluntary) and she said Julia's doing great! She will follow things around with her eyes, and will sometimes look at where a sound is coming from. She even smiled at the nurse. She's been smiling and laughing in her sleep since she was about a week old, and is starting to smile more and more. Julia was weighed, and she's gone from 7lb 9oz at birth to approximately 9lb 2oz at one month. And she's at least 22 inches long now, up from 20 inches at birth. Looks like she's eating well. =) She is starting to lose her hair, which I know is quite common with babies. But she's losing it by a receding hair line! I told her she's starting to look more like Grandpa Ron. It will be interesting to see what color it comes back as, and whether it will be wavy or not. She is able to roll over from her front to her back and has done it a few times. Pretty much any time we give her tummy time, she rolls over. We'll need to increase tummy time frequency, because we don't want her getting a misshapen head. We ordered her play gym mat, so once that's here she'll have some fun stuff to play with. Then we'll just have to keep the dogs from joining her..... I can't believe I've already been home for 4 weeks. I have to go back to work July 16, and I think that day's going to come too quickly. She's changing so much every day. I love being home with her, even on her crabby days (although I probably wouldn't say so on those days). She's just such a joy, and brings a smile to my face almost all of the time.
Created May 12, 09 by Becky Clark 12 Views 3 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark May 13, 09 Edit or delete
Thanks so much for the update.  I had been wondering how much she weighed now.  She's doing great.  She is delightful to just watch and love.  The time sure does fly.  Enjoy every moment. 
Sandy Goman May 19, 09 Edit or delete
You shouldn't have much trouble with the dogs wanting Julia's toys. We were worried about that with Windsor, but he knows which ones are his and which are Kerensa's. He'll even go to grab one in a hurry, and if it's one of hers he'll pass it by. I can't wait to meet Julia on the 30th :0)
Becky Clark May 20, 09 Edit or delete
Well, Sony tried stealing some of her toys before she was born. She has this thing about needing to have all the toys in her possession. She doesn't want them, but she doesn't want anyone else to have them either. 

you tube

Adam has set up an account on you tube, so if you get an invite from daddyatc for you tube, that's him. =) He figured that would be easier than myfamily, and he said he didn't have enough bandwidth here so decided to go with you tube. I believe the videos will only be visible to those who sign in.
Created Apr 26, 09 by Becky Clark 5 Views 4 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Apr 27, 09 Edit or delete
I should be in. I've accepted the invite.  Now for the videos.  Thanks for the heads up.  Wasn't sure at first who I was getting invitations from.  See you soon.
Aunt Catwoman Apr 28, 09 Edit or delete
I signed up but didn't find the video that your Mom told me about. Unless when I fell last week, I went into a comma (I hope that's spelled right) and it's now 4 months later and Julia has learned to roll over. Yell
Adam Apr 28, 09 Edit or delete
Once you sign up I can then add you to my list of friends. you need to be a friend of mine in YouTube before you can see the videos. I've added you now. You should also be getting an email with a link to the video.

And it's spelled "Coma". "Comma" is ",".

:)
Aunt Catwoman Apr 29, 09 Edit or delete
Then it must have been a coma because I wasn't in a "curled" position. I need a small dictionary to put by the computer when spell check doesn't help. Now I'll go look at the videos. I checked out the new pics. They are all great. Thanks

trial run #2

Well, Adam and I made a trip into labor and delivery last night, thinking it might actually be time. I'd been having contractions for a couple of hours, every 3-8 minutes apart (most were 3-5 or 6 minutes apart), and they said when I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart for at least an hour, that we should come in. But I'm only dialated 1.5 cm, and they want a woman to be at 4cm before they stay (or if their water breaks). So between that, and the fact that my contractions weren't painful/strong enough, they sent us home. Thankfully they've become farther apart, so I was able to get some more sleep, even if it was only a little at a time. I stayed home from work to get some rest (just in case things pick up later), but poor Adam still went to work today, and I know he's just exhausted. He did great last night though -- stayed very calm and was very supportive.
Created Apr 9, 09 by Becky Clark 7 Views 3 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Apr 10, 09 Edit or delete
It will be the real thing soon enough.  Get the rest you need.  It will all be so worth it soon.  I have kept my phone close to keep updated.  Was gone most of yesterday til about 3 today so just got this message.  Will keep checking.  I am getting so excited.  Can't imagine how it is for you.  Tired, I'm sure.  Take care, both of you.

Carrie Nelson Apr 10, 09 Edit or delete
Ugh! It's so tough when you think it's TIME and then nothing. I went through two weeks of that (although they were never close enough to get to the hospital). It's draining emotionally... but it definitely means it will be SOON!! :) :) I'm so excited for you guys and I hope she decides to come out soon! :) Do you guys have any feelings as to when you guess she will arrive?
Aunt Catwoman Apr 10, 09 Edit or delete
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe  you'll have an Easter Bunny . You can name her Roberta and call her Bunnie. I had a cat named Bunnie. I probably had a cat named any name you can think of.
Good Luck,
Great Aunt Catwoman


My real motivation for wanting a child...

I think this video really captures my motivation for having a kid... Enjoy.

http://vids.myspace.­com/index.cfm?fuseact­ion=vids.individual&v­ideoid=685339316
Created Mar 18, 09 by Adam 9 Views 2 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Mar 19, 09 Edit or delete
Are you planning on creating a whole soccer team or just some competition for yourself? The little boy sure looked satisfied with himself. Very cute.
Adam Mar 20, 09 Edit or delete
Let's just start with the one kid and see if the competition is too much for me.... :P

4 weeks

Well, only 4 weeks left to go until my due date! My appointments are every week now, which I think will make the time go that much faster. I personally don't think I'll make it until April 10, but it could be another 10 days after that even! Only time will tell. But, since it's getting harder to get and stay comfortable, harder to walk "normal" at times, and because I think she's dropped, I think she'll be here a couple of weeks early. By next week she'll be full term, so any time after that is fine.

Adam and I put up some decorations in the nursery, and it's looking so cute! Hopefully after this weekend we'll have at least 90% of the nursery completed, and we'll have a bag packed, and then we can just sit back and wait for our little girl to arrive. Now if only we had a definite name picked out......
Created Mar 14, 09 by Becky Clark 8 Views 8 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Mar 14, 09 Edit or delete
Time sure is flying by.  Take pictures of the nursery when you're set with it.  Enjoy everything and definitely sit back and relax.  She'll arrive when she's ready.  Remember the original due date was only a couple weeks away from now.  She may have liked that dated better.  Take care and keep us all posted.  Get that name figured out.  I thought you had one but were keeping it to yourself.  That would be fine too.

Adam Mar 15, 09 Edit or delete
There are a couple of names that our sort of "favorites" on our short lists, but we haven't settled on one name, nor have we agreed which are at the top of a joint list....  Hopefully we can come to an agreement soon... ;)
Becky Clark Mar 15, 09 Edit or delete
I agree that the original due date is only.....11 days away! But I never agreed with them on it. In my mind, it was April 12, so the current due date is much more close to what I was thinking. But I'm just the person who got pregnant, not a doctor, so what do I know.   =)  But like you said, she'll come when she's ready. Let's just hope we're ready. Smile We'll post pictures of the nursery, hopefully soon. It's definitely getting closer to being done.
Barbara Clark Mar 15, 09 Edit or delete
Have you thought of any boy's names, just in case.??????  It was never a factor when Adam was born.  We had no idea so had to figure both boy and girls' names.  Just a thought to complicate your life.   I knew the 10th was closer to what you'd figured all along.  She'll come whenever she's ready.  At first I thought you were going to take a picture of the nurse because that's where your message cut off.  Had me wondering there.  Get lots of rest if possible.  We'll keep in touch.
Well, if you can't come to an agreement, save it for delivery time.  When you're holding her hand, whoever squeezes the hardest wins, and gets to choose. :)
Becky Clark Mar 16, 09 Edit or delete
I assume you mean whoever the baby squeezes the hardest wins. I like that idea.  Smile  Or do you mean between Adam and I holding each other's hands? I'm so confused....  Tongue out
Becky Clark Mar 16, 09 Edit or delete
No boys' names. We figure they looked 3 times and all 3 times said it was a girl, so that's good enough for us.
Barbara Clark Mar 16, 09 Edit or delete
I'm good with that. Those dresses just wouldn't look good on a boy.

I definitely see this in our future...

http://www.youtube.c­om/watch?v=ZuVoR5eerj­g

Our poor daughter has no chance...

Update: Somehow I must've copied an advertisement instead of the actual link I'd intended to.  Here's a link to the YouTube version of what I'd meant to link.  Enjoy...
Created Feb 17, 09 by Adam 11 Views 1 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Feb 17, 09 Edit or delete
Love having the pictures but glad you've identified them because I'm not sure I would have know what I was seeing on some of them.  Checked it out last night but couldn't get a message to work so went to bed.  I can't get into the site mentioned above.  I copied the address and pasted but it won't open.  I've the pictures though so I'm good.  Need to study them now to really understand what we're looking at.  She sure is bigger than the last pictures.  Thanks.

Grandma Barb

update #2

Well, it's only been three months since I last updated, so I figured it's time to write a little more. =)

Tomorrow I'll be 30 weeks, which means I'm 75% through this pregnancy (approximately)! Things are still going really well. Our little girl is moving a ton, and sometimes it even tickles. I passed my glucose tolerance test with flying colors -- I got a result of around 110, and they want it below 140. So hooray for no gestational diabetes! I also got to have my first rhogam shot, since my blood type is O- and Adam's is O+. That also means we'll get to find out our baby's blood type quite soon after birth to see if I'll need a second shot (if she's negative like me, I won't need one; if she's positive like Adam, then I'll need another shot).

Here's what's happening with baby this week:

Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring 15.7 inches long, she weighs 3 lbs. She now almost fills up your entire uterine cavity and her arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat.
By 30 weeks, her eyelids open and close. She'll keep her eyes closed for most of the day though. When her eyes are open, she will be able to track light inside of your womb, though her vision isn't "perfect" or 20/20. Lunago, or fine hair that once covered her body, will start falling off this week.

Since I'm fairly short and have an almost non-existent torso, my belly is sticking out quite a bit. No where else for her to go! I'll try to get Adam to post a picture or two sometime soon, to show how much my belly's grown.

Mom and Dad are planning on coming down next weekend for a baby shower in Rochester, and Mom's going to help me make curtains for the nursery. We'll take a picture once they're up and get it posted for everyone to see.
Created Jan 29, 09 by Becky Clark 8 Views 0 Comments

update #2

Well, it's only been three months since I last updated, so I figured it's time to write a little more. =)

Tomorrow I'll be 30 weeks, which means I'm 75% through this pregnancy (approximately)! Things are still going really well. Our little girl is moving a ton, and sometimes it even tickles. I passed my glucose tolerance test with flying colors -- I got a result of around 110, and they want it below 140. So hooray for no gestational diabetes! I also got to have my first rhogam shot, since my blood type is O- and Adam's is O+. That also means we'll get to find out our baby's blood type quite soon after birth to see if I'll need a second shot (if she's negative like me, I won't need one; if she's positive like Adam, then I'll need another shot).

Here's what's happening with baby this week:

Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring 15.7 inches long, she weighs 3 lbs. She now almost fills up your entire uterine cavity and her arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat.
By 30 weeks, her eyelids open and close. She'll keep her eyes closed for most of the day though. When her eyes are open, she will be able to track light inside of your womb, though her vision isn't "perfect" or 20/20. Lunago, or fine hair that once covered her body, will start falling off this week.

Since I'm fairly short and have an almost non-existent torso, my belly is sticking out quite a bit. No where else for her to go! I'll try to get Adam to post a picture or two sometime soon, to show how much my belly's grown.

Mom and Dad are planning on coming down next weekend for a baby shower in Rochester, and Mom's going to help me make curtains for the nursery. We'll take a picture once they're up and get it posted for everyone to see.
Created Jan 29, 09 by Becky Clark 6 Views 1 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Jan 29, 09 Edit or delete
Thanks for the update.  I'm getting questions here about how you're doing and didn't have any real details since Christmas.  Would love to see a new picture of you and that little girl of yours.  Now I need to continue and look at the pictures of the room.  Love to all.

Barb

Auto-countdown

Ain't technology grand? Now the image above will automatically show the countdown to April 10th. Enjoy!
Created Jan 9, 09 by Adam 9 Views 1 Comments

Comments

Barbara Clark Jan 10, 09 Edit or delete
Ok now I can find the image you were talking about. I saw the countdown clock picture before but this image didn't show up at first. Had to search out the place it was at. Much cuter than the countdown clock.

Time is definitely flying by. Keep posting any pictures you have. Is the bedroom painted yet? Showed some people pictures from Christmas of the crib and was asked if that was the color the baby's room was going to be. Knew it was going to get painted so send me a picture when done, please.

Get some sleep. Our new PE teacher just had a baby boy in December and he's just tired now. Got to hold the baby on Tuesday as we had a baby shower. Can't wait to hold my own grandchild.

Due Date

Hey Adam,

You'd better change that due date you have under up coming events. I was just looking around the site and noticed that it was still the old date. See ya soon.

Meow,
Aunt Catwoman
Created Nov 27, 08 by Aunt Catwoman 1 Views 0 Comments

1/2 way there!

Well, today is officially 140 days left, according to the adjusted due date. That means our child is officially "half baked".
Created Nov 21, 08 by Adam 7 Views 3 Comments

Comments

Aunt Catwoman Nov 21, 08 Edit or delete
That's great!!! She'll fit right in :)

MEOW
Aunt Catwoman Nov 21, 08 Edit or delete
Name her Rachel Ray, Betty Crocker ? I'll think of some more ;)
PURR
Aunt Catwoman Nov 22, 08 Edit or delete
Julia Childs???? MEOW MEOW

new pictures

I'm thrilled with the new pictures.  It makes the distance not seem quite as far.  What would we have done without the internet.  Thanks for posting these.  I print them out a show them to everyone (maybe not "everyone".)  Loving this Grandma-to-be status.  I may need some help identifying parts in these  pictures.  I definitely can see the foot and hand and spine.  The skull/head is hard to figure how I'm looking at it.  Thanks again.

Love,

Grandma Barb
Created Nov 6, 08 by Barbara Clark 5 Views 0 Comments

finaly an update

Hello everyone! Adam's been urging me to write an update on how I'm doing, and I'm finally getting around to it.  =)  I have been one of the lucky ones to never have morning sickness. The only problems I've had is when I get too hungry, so I've been careful not to do that. And even that's getting better. I haven't had any food aversions or cravings, but there was a week when I really wanted meat. Not steak or anything fancy, but stuff like hamburger. And that just isn't like me.

I'd been thinking I've felt the baby for about 6 weeks now, about once a week or so, but as of this past Wednesday (October 22), I know I've felt it. I've felt it a little every day since, and it seems like each day I feel it for longer and more often. It's such a cool feeling! I can't wait until Adam can finally feel the little one move. Hopefully that will happen by Thanksgiving, so the Clark family can experience if they want.

My next appointment is Monday, November 3. We're going to find out the sex of the baby, and then we get the fun of telling everyone! So until then, we'll take bets/guesses as to what people think the baby is. I'm glad we agreed to tell people, because I don't think I'd be good at keeping it a secret. I'm sure it would slip out, and this way I don't have to worry about that happening.
Created Oct 26, 08 by Becky Clark 13 Views 4 Comments

Comments

Carrie Nelson Oct 26, 08 Edit or delete
I craved "protein" (ie cheese) and we're having a boy, so since you're craving meat, I'm guessing BOY!! :) Totally an old wives tale, but I got a 50/50 shot at being right :) Either way, I'm happy for you both!
Sandy Goman Oct 27, 08 Edit or delete
Just a word of warning - just because you want to find out, doesn't mean it's going to let you! As for Adam and his family feeling the movement, that's up to the baby too! You might as well get used to the fact that from now on, the baby dictates EVERYTHING! Glad to hear you are doing well, I didn't have morning sickness with either of mine. Laughing
Jan Sklenicka Oct 27, 08 Edit or delete
Don't care what it is as long as it is healthy.  :)
My guess is girl, but secretly hoping it is a boy just to get a little variety in the family-ha.

GLad to hear all is going well.
Barbara Clark Oct 28, 08 Edit or delete
I'm guessing it's a boy because the Clarks seem to have a lot of boys.  (But secretly I'd love to have a girl because I never had one to enjoy).  That means I win either way.  I just happy for a grandchild.  So glad you're feeling good and feeling the baby moving.  That's such an exciting feeling until the baby wants to play and move when you want to sleep.  Just enjoy the feeling anyway.  I'm so glad you're going to let us know whether we've gor a boy or girl.  The surprise is great but the shopping is hard to do.  So much specifically for boys or girls.  Take care of yourself and get lots of sleep.  (That goes for Adam too).  See you at Thanksgiving.