Julia will be turning 5 in just 2 days! Hard to believe it's been 5 years since we welcomed her into our lives. She had her well-child visit this week, and was all excited to get her shots. Seriously. She wanted to get them, because she knew she needed them for kindergarten. In fact, when I was talking to her about her appointment, she asked if she needed shots for kindergarten. She kept asking during the appointment when she was going to get her shots - apparently she didn't want us to forget. She was very brave, and holding my hands. Then the nurse wanted me to basically lay on her and give her a bear-hug. That's when she started panicking. But she made it through all 3 shots, although there was quite a bit of crying and screaming to go along with them. Autumn had her 4 month well-child visit at the same time. She had to get 2 shots. She also cried and screamed. =(
We had kindergarten round-up this week, where we went to the school and sat through a presentation, while the kids went back with some of the teachers and sang songs and played. All-day every-day kindergarten starts this fall. Julia will do great!
Last night the big girls had a later-than-usual bed time. At around ... 9pm maybe .... Samantha came down the hall for the second time. I asked her what she wanted. Her response was, "I want water, I guess." I told her if she had to guess, she didn't really need it, and to go back to bed. What followed was a back and forth between her and Adam of "I want water." "Go back to bed." "I want water." "Go to bed, Samantha." "I want water." "And I want peace and quiet." Then, in a whisper, "I want water." We cracked up laughing and let her have some water. =D
No comments:
Post a Comment