So as I've said, the girls are now sharing a room, and they don't like to go to sleep. Two nights ago, after coming out into the living room and me telling the girls to go back to bed, Julia was crying for me. I gave her a few minutes, but she wasn't letting up. This was our exchange:
"Mommy, I hurt right here," rubbing her chest.
"Why do you hurt there?"
"Because I don't have a heart."
"Why don't you have a heart? What happened to it?"
"I don't know. It's just really sad."
"Why is your heart sad?"
"I don't know. It's just sad."
"Is there anything I can do to help?"
"No."
Then, after thinking about it and a little more crying, "I need something salty to eat. That will make my heart feel better."
What???
So I got her a small buttersnap pretzel, and she went to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment