Julia has pointed out her letter while out and about (especially when we go by JCP), and she will point out Samantha's letter as well, but yesterday she far surpassed anything she's done before. We were heading out to daycare, and got to the end of Clover St where there's a stop sign. Julia says "Sammy letter" and I confirm. Then she says "Puppy letter" referring to the T, for Tails. Then she says "O". She has, on occasion, shown that she knows the letter O. So I say, "Yes, O, like Owen." Then, to my utter amazement, she says "P". My answer? "Julia, you are incredibly smart! Those letters spell 'stop'." Later that evening at supper I was telling Adam the story of his super smart daughter, and when I got to the end I asked Julia if she remembered the last letter of the word, and she said "P". So even without me prompting, and without seeing the sign, she remembered that the word stop ended with a p. Also, she is getting her upper left 2nd molar. Both of her bottom 2nd molars are at least half way in.
I believe it was while at home with the girls on a Tuesday (1/3?) I had Samantha in my lap in the living room, and Julia was at the front door. I asked Samantha, "Where's Julia?" and she turned to look at Julia, pointed at her, and said, "da." =) I think Samantha is working on getting her upper left eye tooth and first molar. I can see them under the gums, and she had a fever for a couple of days last week, and had a fever again today. Unfortunately, today was supposed to be her 1st birthday party. Grandma and Grandpa Sklenicka couldn't make it because they're both sick, Sasha called this morning saying she was staying home sick, Janet couldn't make it, Pick and Peggy couldn't make it, Sandy couldn't make it, and Adam's getting sick (or is getting over being sick). So the party was going to end up being us, Rochester Sklenickas, our friends the Randolphs, and potentially my friend Jen (and maybe her husband and son). We ended up getting ahold of our friends and telling them they probably shouldn't come out, as we didn't want to get any of them or their kids sick. Dave, Heather, and Ivy still came out, and so at least Julia got to play with her cousin. By the time we got around to the cake, Samantha was so tired that she had absolutely no interest in it. She didn't even want us to put frosting on her lips, and would turn her head whenever we tried. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow and we can try again. She has her own personal cake from the bakery that she can destroy.....or eat.
Brilliant, of course. Grandma Barb
ReplyDelete