Samantha has a second tooth now! Her bottom left front tooth poked through this past Saturday (9/24/11). Today, she actually stood up holding onto the couch with no help from me. She was leaning against me a little, but I think it's the first time she's stood by herself. Sam still shows little interest in crawling. If she's on her tummy and wants something that's out of reach, or wants to move somewhere, she rolls over onto her back and pushes herself head-first towards her goal. She pretty much keeps her head in the same spot, which means she bends her neck while moving. To me it looks like it would hurt a lot! When she's moved a bit, she rolls back to her tummy to see how much farther she has to go. If necessary, she rolls back onto her back and scoots herself farther. She's quite smart. =)
Julia seems to think she doesn't need to take a nap every day. Adam and I would disagree. Both this past Sunday and today she refused to nap. We would put her back in her bed several times (I lost track today), and eventually I would just give up. Today I tried for two hours. Thankfully she went to bed at 7 tonight, instead of her usual 8, and she hasn't come out of her room yet.
From Grandma Pam:
ReplyDeleteJulia is her mother's daughter! Becky, you were younger than her when you decided naps were not a necessity. I tried everything! Poor Dave decided that if you didn't nap he didn't have to either - he would usually fall asleep sitting up and fall over. I don't know about my napping when I was little - nothing I like better now. I do know they had a hard time getting me to go to bed before everyone else - Grandma was so happy one year when I made a New Year's resolution to go to bed by 9:00 (keep in mind I was 6 or 7 at the time). That wasn't exactly the resolution that I made - I made one that I wouldn't go to bed before 9:00.
I love your description of how Sam is getting around - it must be fun to watch.