Monday, March 10, 2014

Overdue Updates

So much has happened over the past 13+ weeks. It's hard to keep up with everything! Samantha turned three this year. Such a big girl! At her check up, we learned that she is 89.40 cm tall (just over 35 inches, and in the 13th percentile), and weighs 13.40 kg (29.5 pounds, 39th percentile). She is almost big enough for a "big girl" car seat -- a high-back booster that uses the car's seat belt instead of a five-point harness.

Autumn had her 2 month well-child visit in February, and she's a peanut just like her sisters. She weighed 4.99 kg (basically 11 pounds, 47th percentile); measured 58.5 cm (23 inches, 79th percentile); head circumference of 39.5 cm (15.6 inches, 86th percentile). She smiles a lot, and loves her big sisters as much as they love her. The night before she turned 10 weeks she slept through the night for the first time! In fact, she did it 4 nights in a row. Then there were 3 nights that she woke up in the middle of the night, and ever since then she's been sleeping through the night. Usually from about 10pm to 7am. So wonderful!

Julia did something quite hilarious last month (February 11, to be exact). She and Samantha have started playing "baby," which usually involves one of them crawling and the other leading them around. Well, Julia crawled up into my lap and said she was a baby. I didn't think anything of it; she even layed in my arms like a baby. But then she turned her head toward me with her mouth wide open to pretend to nurse! It took me a couple of seconds to realize what she was doing before I blocked her with my hand. Of course we all laughed, which just made her want to do it more. I thought it was even funnier when she was playing with Adam and I suggested she do it to him.

Samantha can be quite the ham, and quite the stinker. A couple of weeks ago I was bringing them over to Grandma and Grandpa's, but needed to drop off their schedule at daycare. I told them I was just going to run in really quick and I'd be right back. Samantha responds, "If you say so!"

No comments:

Post a Comment