My baby is two now! Ok, so that was a month ago, but still! I noticed the week before her birthday she was starting to get a new tooth. Her bottom right 2 year molar (or premolar, apparently), is about half in now. She's still drooling like crazy, and since she likes having her tongue out, she tends to get a bit of a rash on her lower lip. Other than that, she's doing great! Her height is 81.5cm; weight is 11.255kg; head circumference is 49.75cm.
And now, it is two months later than when I wrote that first part! Samantha has a third premolar almost completely in (upper left?). Today is Julia's birthday, which means she is now 4! We are having a friends party tomorrow, and there are 11 "yes" rsvps! I'm a little nervous, but in the end I'm sure it will be fine. Chaotic, but fine. Sunday we are having our joint family party for Julia and Ivy, and then Julia and her dance group are dancing at half-time at the Globe Trotter's game. Such a fun-filled weekend!
I don't like it when I wait so long to update. This blog is not only a way to keep family up to date with what's going on, but also a journal of sorts for us to remember things. Before I saved this entry as a draft two months ago, I made myself a list of what I wanted to remember to wrist about. Here is that list:
that is so darn funny (Julia)
this is like a dream come true (Julia)
mom, i think i love you the most (Julia)
you certainly don't have to share - but i want to (Julia)
Samantha's boyfriend
Samantha saying "i love you mommy" over the phone
I vaguely remember Julia saying "That is so...darn...funny!" but I now longer remember what it was about. I think Julia said "This is like a dream come true!" about going outside and sledding down our septic hill. It's not a big hill, but it's enough for our girls to enjoy.
Julia loves to share. She had candy from daycare, and wanted to share with me. I told her "Thank you, but you certainly don't have to share your candy with me." Her response? "But I want to." =)
Samantha apparently has herself a boyfriend at daycare. His name is Jack (affectionately referred to as Jack-Jack). One day when dropping the girls off at daycare, Jack came over to greet Samantha. They gave each other a hug, and then held hands, facing each other. Then Samantha decided it was time to go eat, so she and Jack started walking to the table, still holding one of each other's hands. They didn't seem to care or notice that there was another little boy in their way, and the completely clothes-lined him from behind! He did fall over, but not hard and was able to catch himself. It was hilarious!
I think the final item on my list is referring to the last Saturday I worked. Or maybe it was an evening I was out with friends. Anyway, Adam put Samantha on the phone, and I hear her say, "I love you, Mommy" in her sweet little voice. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that.
Hi Becky,
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to read about some of the things the girls do. Boy friends at 4... WOW Look out! I can picture them and it makes me smile. I'm glad you wrote about it. Keep it up.
Thanks,
Linda