Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sort-of-Hide and Seek

Last night, Julia insisted on playing hide and seek (I blame Ivy).  However, she insisted on telling us *where* to hide, which seemed to defeat the purpose, but I digress.  So first, Becky took a turn, and went along with Julia's command to "hide in the kitchen".  Julia counted to 10, and then went and found her.  Next, it was my turn.  However, as Becky will attest, I don't follow rules as well, so I hid behind a box by our front door instead of the kitchen, as Julia commanded.  It took her a second longer, but she found me again, and laughter ensued.

Next, she wanted me to hide again...  So she went out to the couch and started counting. I slipped off my loud slippers and sneakily hid behind the couch while she finished counting... As she hit 10, I slowly slipped towards the patio door, around the chairs, and as she was making it to the middle of the kitchen, I was now "hiding" exactly where she'd been counting (with a blanket over my head to *really* hide).  After a minute or so of walking in circles around the kitchen island looking for me, Julia started to get concerned/frustrated... Finally she came back to the living room and "found" me as we all burst into laughter/tears.

It was good times.

1 comment:

  1. What a character and I'm not sure if I mean Adam or Julia. Sounds like a lot of fun.

    Grandma Barb

    ReplyDelete