Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby Details

Today was an exciting, but according-to-plan day.  Things started out a *little* slow, as the prior patient was taking a little longer than planned, but once Becky got wheeled back to the O.R., everything started to roll quickly.  The spinal block was successful, so she was able to stay awake for the delivery, though the numbness was a little un-nerving (pun intended?).  However, once back in her room, she seemed to be in amazing spirits by only a few hours later.  If I didn't know better, I'd almost think she was ready to go home tomorrow based on how alert, pain-free, and relaxed she seemed.

On to the information everyone will want to know (though most probably already have heard)... Today we welcomed another beautiful baby girl into our family.  Her name is Samantha Lily Clark.  She was born on 1/11/11 at 11:29AM (trust me, we were hoping for 11:11AM, but it just didn't work out).  She was 8 lbs 2 oz, which is ~9 oz more than her sister at birth, and 20 inches long, precisely the same length as Julia.  She seems to be a healthy eater, and otherwise has slept most of her first day in the world.  Sounds like a good first day to me!!!  She has her Daddy's monkey toes, and a slight indication of her Mommy's ear bump, so heredity is still strong in the lineage.

I will try to post more in the coming days, but I wanted to share the initial info while I was still awake.  I had to come home earlier than I'd've liked so Julia could get to bed at a reasonable hour.  She wasn't too sure about the hospital, or Mommy being hooked up to a bunch of machines, or that new baby everyone was interested in.... But I'm sure she'll come around.

More to come in the near future...

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment